Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinner at Veritas last night-A great CDP!

Had dinner at Veritas last night, where the food was excellent, service was great, and the wine is 25% off till the end of the year.

I ordered a btl of 2003 Aubert Chardonnay Quarry Vineyard. This was probably the worst btl of Aubert Chardonnay that I have ever had. Over oaked, and maybe too much sulfur or something, this was a very strange wine. Over two hours, the wine calmed down (we did decant it), but it never lived up to the billing.

A wine that did live up to its hype was 1998 Domaine de la Mordoree CDP Reine des Bois. This wine was off the charts. Even if I had never tasted it, the smell screamed amazing, but the palate was just as awesome. I wish I had a magnum, rather than just just a 750ml. Holy shit, I think I can still taste the wine today.

No comments: