Saturday, June 6, 2009

I have had longer meals at In n Out Burger!

Last night, I went to Tarry Lodge with Wifee. First time at Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich's new place in Port Chester NY. We had a 9:15 res, got there at 9 pm, and got seated immediately, which was great. We shared an appetizer (pizza) that arrived at about 9:20, 2 entrees shortly thereafter and a btl of 2005 Moccagatta Barbaresco Bric Balin ($110) throughout the meal and we had our check at 10 pm, no exaggeration. When we got the check, they said, "take your time."

Food was good, they DO NOT ALLOW CORKAGE, but the service is VERY VERY VERY rushed. About 2 minutes after the appetizer plates were cleared, I was staring at my entree.

Back home at about 10:20.

I was $230 poorer.

2 comments:

Jacques Levy said...

We went there Friday evening; me, lovely wife, teenage son back from freshman year and teenage daughter going to 10th grade. Arrive at 10:20pm done by 11:30pm. Very quick but we all liked the food.

I actually liked not having to wait too long, but you're right this is quite speedy.

Daniel Posner said...

Jacques, thanks for posting. I thought the food was good, although far from great. I just think that it was too quick. Our turnaround time from appy to entree was about 2 minutes (if that).